Pages

Friday, August 3, 2018

My Family Culture

Hi guys. Welcome back to my blog. Yesterday and today we started to learn about culture for our PBL. So we had to learn some cultural stories. We had three questions: What is culture? Where do you come from? What are the traditions and values for your culture? I worked with Flynn, Mostyn and Nathel, three of my friends.
For the first question I answered: It is what your family originates from or comes from around the world.
For the next one my answer was: I come from New Zealand and that was where I was born. But I am also from Italy.
Related image
My last answer was: At Christmas time we go on a big holiday with my mum's big side of the family and mostly we go somewhere in New Zealand or Australia.
Related imageImage result for australia
I figured out that I was part Italian when my Mum was talking about lasagne. And I asked her to tell me about how she makes so good lasagne.
Image result for delicious lasagna recipe

Do you know your culture? What does your culture do as a special tradition? If you can please comment and tell me what you do as a special tradition. Goodbye!

5 comments:

  1. awesome but I still don't get how you can come from two places at once
    -Flynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is incredibly interesting but saying 'so good lasagne' is kinda confusing. anyway, keep up the good work! -Flynn (again)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Connor, your ancestory is interesting. I went to school with lots of kids who's parents had immigrated from Italy and their mums were awesome cooks. How far back was it that your ancestors came from Italy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure I'll ask my mum today and get back

      Delete
  4. Hi Connor nice blog post its really interesting and i didn't know what lasagne was until now keep up the good work.
    -Cory

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post