Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Term 3 driving question!

Hi again and welcome to term three. This term our PBL driving question is 'What will the Future Ask of Us?' Throughout the first two days of term, we have been learning about robots and what the future holds for us. We watched a video of a robot called Sophia singing with Jimmy Fallon. They sang 'Say Something' by A Great big World. Here is a link to the video. Sophia the Robot and Jimmy Fallon.

We also learnt about the biggest world problems today. We had to write down what we think the 5 biggest world problems are in a group. My group said: Global Warming, Poverty, Discrimination, War and Terrorism. We also watched a video on what the top world problems today are. Then we all shared back our answers and a few other people wrote stuff like: Over populating, Mental health and Unnecessary drugs / addictions.

What do you think today's biggest world problems are? Tell me in the comments. See ya.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Connor,
    Great to see you include the link to the video of Sophia singing, their duet was great and awesome that she was able to change her pitch and tone so easily. Now that she is the first robot citizen, it is interesting to see if her rights are exactly the same as ours. I look forward to seeing where you take your project this term, and your interpretation of what the future will ask of you.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post