Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Stanford Lagunita course!

Hello and welcome back. Throughout the term we have been doing the Stanford Lagunita course.
In lesson 1 we were learning about what math is and finding out other things that math really is.
In lesson 2 we learned about having a growth mindset during math because if you have a growth mindset you achieve more. Where as if you have a fixed mindset then you not opening yourself up to new things.
In lesson 3 we learned about making mistakes and about speed. You do NOT have to be fast at math because most successors in math actually are slow and take their time to work out the equation. And mistakes help your brain grow because you are learning off what you have done wrong.
In lesson 4 we learned about making connections and that you can work with others to get the answer because then everyone contributes ideas and maybe if you put them altogether then you could get the answer.
In lesson 5 we learned about number patterns and that math can be all to do with patterns. Sometimes you just need to find the pattern and you have the answer.
And in lesson 6 we learned about math in life and the spiral that Fibonacci found out. Image result for fibonacci spiral 1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21
Have you done this course? Tell me what you thought about it in the comments. Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post