Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Our third week of online school! My writing story!

Hello and welcome back to my blog. This week for writing we were learning about complex sentences. A complex sentence is made up out of independent clauses and dependent clauses. I had to write a story with four complex sentences. This is the story I wrote. It is called My short story.
My short story
As the cargo ship rocked from the waves, I climbed aboard as best as I could. The ship had went
on a lean and I saw my chance. I went into the water and then swam up jumping out and onto the boat.
“There’s a baby seal on board!” a man working on the cargo ship nearby yelled. As I slipped into a
crate with a broken door, I heard many feet stamping all around me, outside. Then someone locked
the crate door back up. I was lost. Another wave rocked the ship and a basket of fish fell onto the
crate floor. I slowly went up to it and took one of the fish that had fell out. Another set of people ran
past the crate I was hiding in.

I chewed on the fish and eventually I had broken a bit off. I slipped behind a box trying to hide as an man opened the crate door to check inside. He saw the
fish on the ground with a chunk taken out of it. “Hello? It’s OK. I will help you.” As I slipped out of the
box, he threw a net over the top of me. I yelped as he yanked me out and yelled, “I found the seal!”
Other men crowded around me but one of them decided to take the net and take me out of it. I looked
at him as he picked me up and said, “Leave him be. We will set him free when we get to dry land.”
He then carried me to his hammock bed and put me in it.
The next day I woke up to see him sleeping next to me in another hammock. As we arrived on dry
land he took me out of the ship checking to see if I was alright. He then set me free on the beach.
I went into the water and looked back at him as he went back onto the ship to carry his stuff out. 

Have you had to write using complex sentences before? Tell me in the comments. Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post