Pages

Friday, June 12, 2020

Reading in week 8! Designing acrostic poem, book cover and diary entry!

Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog. This week for reading we had a different thing to do. We had to have read a book and make something about. We had to make three different things. These are what I made. 

1. Fowl Twins acrostic poem: 
2. Harry Potter diary entry: 

Harry Potter Diary Entry

23rd of July 1991

Today was a weird day for me. Today I got a letter from a very weird place. It came from a school called Hogwarts. I had never heard of it so I went to open the letter and my annoying cousin Dudley just had to ruin it by grabbing the letter and yelling, “Harry's got a letter!” Then it got worse. My uncle Vernon grabbed the letter and questioned me about it. Then burnt it. 

30th of July 1991

Today is Sunday. And that means no letters today. But the one thing I hated was when my uncle had to rub it in my face. I had been getting letters all week and watching Vernon burning them or cutting them up. But today there would be none of that. Until there was. I brought the cookies, that my aunt Petunia had made, over to my uncle who was sitting there with an evil, smug look on his face. “Fine day Sunday. What happens on Sunday Dudley?” Vernon aksed. Dudley just stuffed himself with a cookie and shrugged. I replied with, “Theres no mail on Sunday.” “Yes, right you are Harry. No mail on Sunday. No sir.” But that was when it got interesting. Suddenly letters from Hogwarts came flying through everything. Literally everywhere. The chimney, the toaster, the door and even the oven. Vernon went crazy and sent us to a new house where the letters wouldn’t come. 


31st of July 1991

I was still awake as it hit 12:00am on my birthday. I had drawn a birthday cake on the ground with the dust. Then I blew out the dust candles. Suddenly I heard the door banging. I got out of my sleeping bag and hid behind the wall. The door collapsed on the ground and a giant of a man strolled into the house as if he could just walk in whenever. Vernon and Petunia came down the stairs with a shotgun and Dudley stood in the middle of the room. “You’ve grown a lot since I last saw you, Harry. Especially round the middle.” “I…  I’ m not Harry,” stuttered Dudley. “I’m Harry.” I stepped around the corner. “Well of course you are.” The giant reached into his pocket and handed me a box. “Happy Birthday.” I opened the box and inside was a cake the said, ‘Happee Birthday Harry.’ “Thanks. Who exactly are you?” “I am Rubeus Hagrid, keeper of keys at Hogwarts. You have probably heard a lot about that place.” “No. No I haven’t,” I replied. Then my uncle butted in. “I am not having him go to a school for a old man to teach him magic tricks!” Then Hagrid got mad. “How dare you speak about Albus Dumbledore to me like that.” Hagrid pulled out his umbrella and pointed it at Dudley who had started eating the cake. Then Dudley grew a pigs tail and started to scream like a pig. Hagrid handed me a letter and said, “Are you coming?” Hagrid walked out the door and I walked out as well. 


3. Rat burger new book cover design: 
Have you ever read these books? Have you ever made something like these before? Tell me in the comments. Goodbye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post