Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2020

The Diary of Logan Alpine! Writing in week 10!

Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog. For writing this week we had to write a story that has three different types of sentences. Metaphors, Onomatopoeia and Personification. The goal for writing this week was: use language features specific to the purpose of the text. We had to write a short story but my one has 1344 words. This is what I wrote:

The Diary of Logan Alpine


July 31st 1948, 12:34pm

My name is Mr Logan Alpine. I am an Arctic researcher going on an exploration for a lost town in the Tundra. It all started on June 24th 1928. The day I got my job as an Archaeologist. I arrived at the lab to see an empty desk sitting right where I should. My bag fell onto the ground with a thump as I pulled my note book out and a map. I stapled the map against the wall and punched some pins with string on them into the map. I had then done many other things since then. I have recently been researching on the Tundra town and the Holy spear. But today I got told by my boss, Sir Jenson Windsor, that I would be proving my research about the Tundra town by finding it and reporting back to him. And so the adventure started. 


August 5th 1948, 7:30am

I arrived at the lab and saw a minor Boeing N2S Stearman plane was parked on the planes railway track. The only reason the Boeing N2S Stearman was there was because, the HMS Archer, was parked in a dock in Norway, and we were in Iceland. We packed the luggage into the Boeing N2S Stearman, and then took off for Norway. 


August 5th 1948, 6:32pm

It was a long trip as the weather was not that good. Fog was everywhere and the driver could hardly see a thing. The good thing was that the lab in Iceland had asked the transport system to call off any flights between Iceland and Norway or flights that would get in between. The plane landed in Stavanger, which was where the HMS Archer was said to be. I grabbed my luggage and packed all of it into the carriage and left off to the dock. It was surprisingly hot in Norway today so I took off my Parka and trousers. I did have another layer underneath if you were worrying. The boat was docked up next to a giant jetty with a ramp up to the top of the cargo ship. The carriage driver dropped my bags and luggage off onto the jetty. He then sat back down and the horse walked him back to the edge of the jetty. I got on the cargo ship with my luggage. I set up my room in the ship and then we started to sail. 


August 10th 1948, 3:07pm

There was ice everywhere. A huge ice spike was floating in the water. I took out my binoculars and saw land. We hit the icy land and then placed the ramp down. I stumbled off the ramp and onto the icy floor. I nearly slipped over when I first placed my foot on the ice. I bent down and rubbed my gloves against the freezing ice. The driver brought down my bags and put them on the muskox, Musk. Musk had all of my stuff packed onto him. The driver climbed back aboard the ship and started to take off. The ship drifted in the water away from the big chunk of ice. I opened my notebook and flipped to the page that I had all my research on. I had a mini map of the arctic that I had drawn and a had circled the top possibilities of where the town could be. I climbed aboard Musk and we slowly made our way into the land. 


August 10th 1948, 6:23pm

It was starting to get dark so I decided to stop and set up camp for the day. I found a small cave that was only 5 metres in depth so I decided to set up there. I got some more snow and blocked up the entrance. Musk lay down in the corner as I pulled out some dry twigs and stones that I packed in my bag. The sparks from the flint and steel were very bright. I pulled my sleeping bag and a stretcher from Musk and slept for the night. 


August 11th 1948, 8:47am

I woke with a start as Musk made a very loud sound and ran into the snow wall I made, toppling it over. I jumped to grab him but completely missed. Musk had taken off in the direction of the town. Some of my stuff had fallen off the Musk as he ran into the ice. I grabbed the stuff and started to walk towards the town. I reached into my bag for binoculars and saw Musk in the distance running into the snow storm. I stumbled in the snow as the stuff I had in my bag had weighed me down a lot. I didn’t give up so I headed to the snow storm as the town was said to be on the other side. 


August 19th 1948, 5:22am

The wind was still howling as I woke up in another cave I had found. I started off again and went more into the snow storm. I thought I had found it but I hadn’t ... 



August 20th 1948, 11:36am

I woke up to see a big man standing over top of me. I rubbed my eyes but it was still blurry. The man was holding an axe and was chopping wood right next to me. I little piece of wood had hit me in the head and I finally got up and rubbed my head. I looked around at my surroundings. Around me was a village. The tundra town. I had made it. The man had walked away for some reason but I needed him so I ran after him. I saw him in the distance holding a lead with a giant animal on it. “Is this one yours?” he asked. I looked at the creature and saw all my stuff attached. “Yes. Thank you for looking after him,” I replied. He handed me the lead and I grabbed it off him. I pulled the walkie talkie out of the side pocket and spook into it, “I have found the town. Bring the helicopter over to my coordinates.” 


August 21st 1948, 6:59am

The whirring sound of the helicopters propellers woke me up very quickly. I got out of the house I had slept in. The heli landed and we packed our stuff onto the chopper. Sadly, Musk had to stay because he was too big. 

“Goodbye Musk. You will always be my very furry best friend.” It was sad to go without Musk but this is what had to happen. We took off and I watched Musk fade away into the distance. I pulled out my map and pin pointed the town. I marked where it was and then drew a picture of a muskox. Just incase I forgot. 


September 4th 1948, 8:43am

I arrived at the lab after a two week leave. I hadn’t seen the lab since I got back from the exploration. The lab sounded very quiet and abandoned for some reason. Suddenly a banner fell from the roof and everyone I worked with jumped out from behind tables. I think my discovery had been reported everywhere. I liked it like that. Suddenly Sir Jenson Windsor came past and gave a briefcase. I opened it to find a huge number of money. “What are you going to do now?” he asked. “I think I might go live in the tundra.” “Good choice,” Jenson replied. So I made my way to the chopper with my bags. 


September 4th 1948, 7:31pm

I arrived at the town to see Musk in an stable with water and food. We landed on the ground and I ran over to Musk and hugged him hard. I talked with the owner of the stable and he helped me build a house just 10 metres from the village and a stable next to it with a roof for Musk. So I will live the rest of my life here in the one place I wanted to find. 


Have you ever wrote a story this long before? Tell me in the comments below. Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post