Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2020

We finally started and finished our speeches!

Kia Ora everyone and welcome back to my blog. This week for writing we had to create our speeches. We had to pick out of one of the four of the seventeen Sustainable Development goals. The four we had to pick from were: No Poverty, Zero Hunger, Good Health and Well-being and Quality Education. I chose Quality Education because having Quality Education then you can get a good job which pays you good money so then you can pay for a house, food and water and health. So having a good education can stop poverty, hunger and terrible well-being. We had to present one paragraph on our blog. Here is my paragraph. 

How would you feel if you didn’t have a good education and ended up living in poverty for the rest of your life? Well, did you know that around 103 million children worldwide lack basic literacy skills, and more than 60 per cent of them are women. This is terrible. Also, more than half of children that have not enrolled in school live in Sub-Saharan Africa. Just think about the poor people not having a good education and living in poverty for the rest of their lives. Then think about us. We have a great school, with great teachers and have access to other things that help us learn, such as (point to anyone's chromebook) chromebooks and (point to tv) tvs and (point to whiteboards) whiteboards like these.

Have you ever wrote a speech before? Tell me in the comments. Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post