Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Kaupeka Camp 2019 at Wainui park!

Hello and welcome back to my blog. In week three we had our hub camp. We went and stayed at Powell village in Wainui. When we were there we had the choice of sleeping in our cabins our a tent. I wanted to sleep in a tent but my Mum wouldn't let me take my tent so I had to sleep in the cabin. Which was cool because I had four friends in there. William, Christopher, Kade and Nathel. Here is a picture of the cabins on the outside. 
Image result for ymca wainui park powell village
At the time we were there we did 9 different activities. 
1. High ropes
2. Kayaking
3. Coasteering
4. Raft build
5. School led activity (Breakout EDU and playing games)
6. Orienteering
7. OLS (Outdoor Living Skills)
8. Search and Rescue
9. Archery

When we wrote our reflection we had to say: What was challenging, What our favourite part was, What we learnt and what we are grateful for.

Challenging: I found the high ropes and coasteering challenging because me and heights aren't friends and for coasteering my chin strap was done up to tight on my helmet so I couldn't breath when I jumped in.

Favourite: I liked everything but mainly I enjoyed Orienteering because I had a a good group and we worked well together and got everything that we needed.

Learnt: In OLS I learnt about this plant called unga unga and that it gives you a rash that can kill you. We also learnt that the antidote is in the stem.

I am grateful for being able to go to camp and have a fun time with my friends. I am also grateful for the parent helpers because one of them helped me get my chin strap sorted at orienteering.

Have you been to this camp before? Tell me in the comments. Goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post