Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Lock-down day five activity blog! What is your favourite board game?

Hello and welcome back to my blog. As probably already know we are in a lock-down which means we can't communicate with the outside world. Well not really. I have been talking with my friends on google meet. We have also been playing some games with each other as well. But my principal and her colleagues have created a blog hop to do. So each day (except weekends) we have a task to write about but you don't have to do all of them. This one is what is your favourite board game? I like to play cards a lot of the time but if I could play a board game it would probably either be chess or monopoly. Chess is really fun and requires a lot of different strategy's to win. Monopoly is a game where you go around the board buying houses and if someone lands on your house the have to pay you. Monopoly: Ultimate Banking Edition | Toy | at Mighty Ape NZ
My brother and I like to play this version! Monopoly Ultimate Banking! In this version you don't use cash. You use cards and it is a lot quicker.

What would your favourite board game be? Tell me in the comments. Goodbye.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Connor. A great blog post. I am pleased to hear you are keeping in touch with your friends with all the different platforms available these days. I have been doing the same. I loved Monopoly when I was your age too. I also loved playing cards. What games do you enjoy? I loved 500 but it is quite complicated. Have you ever played that one? Chess is a game I have never got the hang of. I am, however keen to learn and am wondering if you might fancy teaching me when we get back to school?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure I can teach you how to play chess. I remember a few years ago I taught my Nan to play chess for a badge at scouts. When playing card games I am a fan of poker and blackjack. My dad has a poker set that I like to use a lot. I have never played 500 before but I will now consider it.

      Delete
    2. Righto, I will remind you when we get back to school that you are going to teach me how to play chess. I think you would like 500- it great for the brain!!!!

      Delete
  2. Another monopoly fan! I loved monopoly when I was at school but we don't have a copy here. I'm hopeless at cards. I've always wanted to play Game of Life so I think I might get it for Ava so I can play it! Do you like being banker? That was always my favourite job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love to be the banker because it is really fun except there is no banker in monopoly ultimate banking. The credit cards hold the money and the banking unit shows how much you have. This version is very complicated until you get used to it.

      Delete
  3. Hay Conner I have that game to its fun have a good lock down keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post