Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Sentences for the Fantastics! Reading in Week 1!

Hello and welcome back to my blog. This week for reading we were focusing on the fantastics. They are a group of senses that you can use in writing and read in reading. We had to copy and paste 9 different sentences that have the different fantastics in them. Here is what I made: 

Pearl in the Ice

Fantastics

Sentences:

Feeling

Marina felt the tug of a sad, lonely sort of sickness.

Asking

Hand out, feel for the broken stump, swing

to a sitting position and then slowly stand up to edge

along the branch towards the trunk.

Noticing

She looked up at the blue sky through the lace of

green leaves;

Touching

Hand out, feel for the broken stump, swing

to a sitting position and then slowly stand up to edge

along the branch towards the trunk.

Action

Marina pushed her leg over the branch and then

levered her body upwards, hidden once more amongst

the leaves.

Smelling

I pass through a kitchen where the

smell of food – meaty, garlicky – makes my mouth

water, though I mustn’t let it distract me. 


(This is from a different book. I couldn’t find anything for smelling in this book. The book is called, Sky Chasers.)

Tasting

She rolled it up

and put it in her mouth as if it were a cigar.

Imagining

What would it be like, she thought, to be the pilot of

that cloudship, sedately patrolling the skies over the

rooftops of London?

Checking

one of the new airships of the king’s fleet

floated slowly above her, serene and silent as a cloud.


Have you ever used the fantastics in your writing before? Tell me in the comments. Goodbye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post