Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2020

Writing for our speeches! Writing in week 3!

Hello and welcome back to my blog. This week for writing we were practising things for our speeches. We had to write some hard hitting statistics about on of the four goals: No Poverty, Zero Hunger, Good Health and Well-being and Quality Education. I choose to do Quality Education statistics. Here is what I did: 

Hard Hitting Statistics: 

  • An estimated 50 per cent of out-of-school children of primary school age live in conflict-affected areas. 

  • Enrolment in primary education in developing countries has reached 91 per cent but 57 million children remain out of school. 

  • More than half of children that have not enrolled in school live in sub-Saharan Africa. 

  • 103 million youth worldwide lack basic literacy skills, and more than 60 per cent of them are women. 

Rhetorical Questions: 

  • Would you want your children to not go to school and not have a good education? I thought not. 

  • How would you feel if you didn’t have a good education at school? 

  • Would you like to have a good education? 


Have you read about this before? Tell me in the comments. Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post