Pages

Tuesday, June 18, 2019

My speech about ableism!

Hello and welcome to my blog. Our PBL topic is 'How can we speak up against discrimination?' First we had to right a speech before making the actual PBL project. I wrote my speech on ableism. I have put the introduction on but there is also a link below to the full thing.

Have you ever not been able to go onto the playground because you are in a wheelchair? Or never been
able to properly communicate because you can’t speak? Well people like this get imitated every day.
Some at school and some at work and others all over the world.

My name is Connor and I will be talking to you about ableism.

Do you know what ableism is? I didn’t until we started on our new PBL topic: How can we speak up
against Discrimination?
We learnt that most people with disabilities get treated either better than others, which they don’t like, or
worse which is, well, worse. I will be touching on what ableism is, what happens when you show ableism,
how people with disabilities feel when being discriminated against and how we can stop this.


If you are wondering what the yellow is for then I will tell you. It is because when I look up at the audience when I look back I know where to look. Have you ever presented a speech in front of a group? Tell me about it in the comments. Goodbye. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Connor, I love that you choose to do a speech on something that you feel strongly about. I enjoyed reading your full speech and you had some great points in it. I look forward to seeing your PBL showcase next week.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post