Pages

Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Saturday Cricket for East Shirley!

Kia Ora! Haere mai! Welcome back. This term I started playing cricket for my fifth year at East Shirley Cricket club. This time I am playing hard ball so now we have to wear lot's of gear. We have to wear a box, helmet, pads and gloves. If you haven't played cricket before I could run you through the basics. First the bowler bowls the ball in an overarm way. Then the batter hits the ball. Depending on how far you hit the ball you could run to the other end of the pitch to get a run. If hit smack the ball over the boundary you get a four which gives you four runs. But if it doesn't touch the ground before going over the boundary you get six runs. If the batter hits it and a fielder or keeper or bowler catches it then the batter is out and loses three runs. After an over the bowler will change to someone else. An over is when the bowler has bowled six balls. Here is a Cricket pitch.
Image result for cricket pitch boundary size kids
The bowler bowls from the main umpire side and everyone else is spread out across the field.
And that's basically it. Then there is indoor cricket. It is basically the same.

So far my cricket team for hard ball is undefeated and in the fourth game I smacked a six.

Have you played cricket before or are in a club? Tell me in the comments. See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post