Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2020

Our first week at online school! This is my maths task!

Hello and welcome back to my blog. As you probably already know we are in lock-down which means we can't go to school. But we can do learning at home, thanks to google meet. We have been using it to talk to our teachers and peers and sometimes our friends in the spare time. Anyway this weeks goal for maths for me was: Identify and use the features of a figure that do not change as it is reflected, rotated, translated or enlarged. We had to create a tessellation. A tessellation is a shape that has been multiplied to create a pattern but there can be no gaps. You can use many shapes to create a tessellation like a square, triangle and hexagon. You can not use a circle though. Only because it will leave gaps. This is my tessellation that I made.

Have you made a tessellation before? If so tell me in the comments. Goodbye. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Connor
    I hope things are going good working at home. I have only learnt about tessellation since reading some of the blogs. I am unable to see yours, you made need to change permission settings. Let me know if you can fix it.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steve, Sorry about that I have now updated it so it should work now. It also didn't show up on mine so that is odd. Things are going well at my house. I have been trying to get out a lot and also talk to my friends on google meet.

      Delete
  2. Hi Connor,
    I love tessellation, particularly from an artistic point of view. I think that you would be very interested in this short video on artist and mathematician M.C. Escher. https://safeYouTube.net/w/YYy7
    Sorry - I can't seem to get it to accept my active link in this box. You could make it a link in a google doc and go onto it. The video Talks about Escher and gives some great examples of tessellation as well.
    Keep up the good work.
    Mrs Ferguson

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post